Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day of Reprieve



Today is sunny and warm. A day where I actually broke out into show tunes "Oh what a beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day!..." when I walked out the door taking Andrew to school. He of course was mortified. I kept wishing everyone a happy sunny day. Andrew, again, was embarrassed. Isn't this why we have kids? :) Anyway, it's also a day of open windows and open doors (ALL doors - see photo) in an attempt to dry out everything before the next set of storms hit later this tonight or tomorrow. Yesterday, Susan & I had the worst case of cabin fever. We packed up the kids in all their foul weather gear and headed into town. She & I wanted (read needed) professionally made coffee, and we ALL needed the exercise. The most common site along the route around town was hoses and various sump pump paraphanelia. We feel very fortunate to be as dry as we are. Susan keeps saying that she has the only dry basement in all of Exeter. I told her to hush because she's going to jinx herself. Our dehumidifier is working well, and hopefully the open cellar doors will help also. I can't figure out where the water is coming from. I've attempted to follow a trail from the floor to various places on the wall. I even did a full walk around the house this afternoon looking for standing water and possible places of entry. Couldn't find it. Thankfully, it's a manageable amount of water. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Well, I'm back outside while it's still sunny!

No comments: