Sunday, December 30, 2007

Defestooning

So, for almost 18 years, I would put up my outside Christmas lights without a thought of weather - it never rains in Southern California. One year doing this gave me my fear of extension ladders because I fell. Another year was even done when I was eight months pregnant. All years were done in mild weather. Last year was the first New England (de)festooning. This year, the lights went up before snow. Taking them down today made me realise that maybe I should plan for foul weather in the takedown. Thankfully, enough snow had thawed that I didn't need boots to take the lights down from the dock. Although, I could have left up the dock lights, and just taken down the icicles over the front porch. Whatevah. The house is finally getting back to some semblance of order.

I've been told that 2008 will be a "cracking year". We shall see Miche. We shall see.....

No comments: