Monday, February 18, 2008

Dear Universe

This worked for the author of a book I just read, so I have faith (hope) this will work for me also.
If anyone is actually reading this - which I doubt - and you are not in a woe is me mood, then thanks for stopping by and move along to the next blog.
Dear Universe,
Why do you have it out for me? I'm a good person. I moved my son away from the hideousness of the "I'm entitled to everything" of Southern California to wonderful small town New England. This whole "it takes a village" is a fantastic thing. It works. Andrew is flourishing. I found a full time job. I also take on side programming jobs to make ends meet. I have not taken a vacation or even a weekend trip in over a year. I've started drinking more water and less alcohol, eating better, keeping healthier food in the house. A few months ago, I even took in a friend's cat because she couldn't take him where she was moving. My son knows that I love him. I do the best I can at work, and feel I'm doing my best at being a good mom, friend, neighbor, daughter, aunt, (ok, so maybe not the best sister....), that I can be. When my tooth started bothering me, I went to the dentist. Made all the necessary appointments, paid all the necessary co-payments, even went back when the temp crown broke. I'm getting plenty of sleep. When I got sick - the first time - I went to the doc and took all the meds. I do not get sick pay at work, yet I take the time off in an attempt to get healthy. SOOOOO, Universe, why in hell are you making it so damn difficult for me to get and stay healthy? Why are you turning my antique rugs into a litterbox? Why are you making everything so impossible? Knock it off! I've had enough! I'm a good person. Andrew is a good person. He's a great son. I'm a good mom. I have a good job. I'm a good worker. I'm a good friend. Thank you for the friends I have made so far in less than two years here in wonderful New Hampshire. Thank you for the wonderful transition Andrew has made. Thank you for my cozy home. Yes, I am acknowledging and thankful for the good things in my life. NOW! There is no reason for me to be constantly sick. For the cats to act up. For me to have to do everything myself. Some universal assistance would be nice. Help me please! I need to be healthy. I deserve to be healthy. I HAVE to be healthy! Andrew deserves a healthy mom. Andrew & I deserve the best of the best. We've earned it. Universe, please be our friend.
Thank you.
Nancy

No comments: