Friday, June 06, 2008

Credit Awareness

Got home this afternoon to a recorded message about possible fraudulent charges on one of my credit cards. I called right away. Someone pretending to be me charged up $520 worth on ralphlauren website. Now, I love that designer, but I am in absolutely NO position to spend frivolously. Account was canceled. Went to log into my online account, and that account no longer shows. Called Customer Service and was told once the account is canceled, it will disappear from online viewing. One thing that caught my attention was the website telling me my last log on was this morning at 10:08. Um. No. I was bored at work, but did not look at personal account other than bank. I changed my User ID as well as password. I am now on a crusade to change all online user names (where I can) and passcodes. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check your credit card charges NOW! Thankfully Chase has a withit fraud department. Or, maybe I was delusional today and ordered a fancy new outfit for the weekend. Nope. Wasn't THAT bored. ;)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

A couple times I've had a credit card frozen while I've been on vacation/out of the country and forgot to notify the company first, but I try to suck up that inconvenience by remembering stories like yours, as well as the time we also got alerted to fraudulent activity on one of our cards. Ultimately I'm glad they're on top of things, even when their thoroughness comes back to bite me a bit ;-)