Monday, October 16, 2006

Are stickers really all that sticky?

So, yesterday, my darling son finds a Jayhawk sticker and proceeds to plaster it onto his little soft arm. At the time, I was thinking I should probably take it off, but he liked it, so it stayed. Last night during his shower, he peeled off most of it - and it went down my drain. Stickiness and all. When he got out of the shower, I thought he had 3rd degree burns that had started to peel. Luckily all it was was the goo stuck to the hair on his arm. I did my best to wipe some of it off with a washcloth. He didn't like so much the ouchies. Alas, I slathered Polysporin all over it, and he kept the arm above covers all night. Once he was tucked into bed, I called the guru of all knowledge. Mom suggested WD-40 or Pam. Both required plenty of ventilation and immediate washing of soap and water. I waited until morning. When he woke up, the arm was much better. We did the WD-40 trick, and his arm is back to its soft cute self.
The things we learn due to our little cherubs......

No comments: