Saturday, October 14, 2006

Is a scraper really necessary?

Left this morning at 7:45 for an 8:00 soccer game. There was a light frost last night. Apparently. When I got in the car and turned on the wipers to remove the "dew" from the windshield, nothing happened except an annoying noise. For the longest time after I moved from KC to SD, I kept an ice scraper in my glove box. Well, it was more of a case of never taking it out. I finally threw it away, or maybe it went with the car during trade-in. Anyway, after 18 years in southern Cal, I never had a need for one. After seven months in NH, I need one. I was told to get one with a brush on the end. That, or park in the garage. Not having an attached garage, the driveway is closer to the door.....

For those of you wondering about Paris. One would think that the 1st week of October would be a good time to go to Paris since most Americans would be in New England staring at leaves. Not the case. Maybe the Americans I ran into were all New Englanders getting away from all the tourists. Anyway, Paris is Paris, and Claire and her family are wonderful. Reed & Elizabeth are great traveling companions - can they say the same about me??? The wine & cheese are incredible, of course. The one food that stuck out in my mind this trip? Mashed potatoes. According to Elizabeth, it's all about the butter. French cows make better butter.

Salut ya'll.

No comments: