Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Frills


Happy New Year. Traveling during the holidays, on THE worst days of the week, I had an epiphany. Most likely not surprising to those who know me well, but an epiphany none the less. I am a frills girl. Thus, the "no frills" airline just doesn't do it for me anymore. I want assigned seats. I want to be able to walk around the terminal, or drink my banned coffee before heading through security instead of throwing away half of a perfectly good eggnog latte. Security gestapo, "you can't take that on the plane so you need to drink it before going through security." Me, "is the terminal considered the plane?" Gestapo snarkily replies, "Ma'am, you have to finish your coffee before you come through security." We had more words, but that is the gist. Also, people think that being in "A" group enables them to cut, push, shove, etc their way to the front of the line. Hey people - there are 45 in group A, so you WILL get your aisle or window seat. Just chill!!! Andrew was the line police telling everyone who attempted to get in front of us that they were cutting. He took his job way too seriously. Still, maybe someone actually got a clue. Doubt it. Also, with the frills airlines, there is always the opportunity for an upgrade. It rarely happens, but at least there is the possibility.

Still, it was awesome to see my niece and her husband. That's Jenn with me in the photo. :)

I'm staying home for awhile. Ya'll can just come see us!

No comments: