Monday, March 10, 2008

Andrew's Sick Day

Fevers come and go. Being 8 years old and having the talent to control said fever is incredible. Fever started Friday afternoon and continued until late Saturday afternoon. Then fever again Sunday afternoon until Monday morning after all phone calls and emails were sent to the necessary people. I'm working remotely so that I am able to bill a few hours for the day. Taking a break, I go downstairs to see how el sicko is doing.
Me, "Andrew, how are you? What may I bring you?"
Andrew, "Fine. Um. I think I could use some popcorn." (n.b. he's had a sore throat....)
Me, "You've already popped it."
Andrew, "Yes."
Me, "Did you leave the empty box in the pantry?"
Andrew, "Uh. Yeah. Wow! You know everything!!!"
Me, "Yes I do. I'm a Mom. It's a gift."

No comments: