Saturday, March 08, 2008

Life's too short...

...for many things.
Eating bad cheese.
Having flaky friends.
Making bad decisions.
Drinking bad wine.
Yes, a cliche, but oh so true. As my friend Jenny frequently blogs of Friday Wine Goodness, I listen to her because she is not flaky and loves good wine! :) Last night, as I was rummaging through my wine selection, I realised I should have replenished after the Uber Granny Nanny left. Meager offerings to say the least. Some how, a bottle of Pumpkin spice mead got in there (noticing it as being from a NH winery, I'm assuming I purchased said mystery). Being adventurous and needing wine, I chilled, opened, poured, sipped, gagged, and, yup, threw the rest of the bottle down the drain. Mead, while it just so happens to be a friend's last name (there are no such things as coincidences....), is also a honey wine. WAY too sweet. Maybe the pumpkin and associated spices would have been good during the winter holidays. Not so much on a sleeting March Friday night with a kid on the couch running a 102 fever.
Speaking of short. Spring forward tonight. Shortness of sleep..... On the bright side, sitter tonight so no shortness of fun with friends!! :)

No comments: