Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Smile and Be Honest

The other night at a jewelry party, the ladies were discussing how to get out of a speeding ticket. Smile and be honest was the most successful theory. That theory was put to use last evening when friend & I were on our way to dinner. The last known speed sign I saw was 40 mph. Flashing blue lights behind me made me think otherwise. After the "license and registration please", the required question was asked, "do you know why I pulled you over?". Putting my new lesson to work, I chuckled and said, "I'm going to go with I missed a speed reduction sign.". She said I actually missed two. She took my license, sat in her car for half the evening, then came back to my car. "The speed limit is 30. Please slow down and have a good evening." Yes, I then thanked and police officer who had pulled me over.

Growl and be honest:
Received a call from a recruiter this evening asking what my current employment situation is like because he has an opportunity. I said, "where", and he said, "Kansas City." I said no thank you as I am located in New England. He asked if I would be willing to commute. Deep breath, then I said "um, that would be a bit far." How was this dude able to dial the phone????

Happy Wednesday.

No comments: