Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day

Right. So it's Thursday, and I'm blogging about Sunday. Ya got three sets of photos with a few words in each on Sunday, so the timing works.....
Saturday night, Andrew had a sleep over at a friend's house. I went out to dinner with a friend. Entertaining evening for all.
Got up Sunday morning in time to pick up Andrew at the, so I thought, agreed upon time of 10:00. I was first told, by the friend's sister to come back at 1:00. The mom told me noon. Back home I go to work on the garage.
Leave again a few minutes before noon for 2nd pick-up attempt. Grandfather of friend tells me the boys just went swimming, and he will bring Andrew home around 2:00. Sounds good to me. I went back to attacking the garage.
Around 2:30, Andrew is deposited home. All he wants to do is go inside and watch tv. With the exception of swimming, he'd been inside all day and the previous evening playing Play Station, so some outdoor time would do him good. Still being the ungrateful child - much longer vacation deprogramming this time - he fought me every breath. Even when I reminded him about it being Mother's Day. OH! At the 10:00 pick-up, I went over to Andrew and gave him a peck on the cheek, and asked him if he has anything to say to me. "Hi." "Thanks." "See you later." Finally, his friend leaned over and whispered "Happy Mother's Day." Andrew reluctantly repeated. I thanked the friend, and left.
The week has been wicked busy with appointments, baseball games, chores, and general getting ready to leave town stuff. Tonight is 3rd grade parental orientation at the other elementary school (yes, there are two. K-2 and 3-5), so packing will be done late.
Enjoy whatever it is you are doing. See you tomorrow Mom.

No comments: