Monday, September 03, 2007

Grandma's Man


My mom has always loved the NY Yankees. Apparently, she tells some sweet, touching story about how her Daddy took her to the minor league games in Kansas City when she was a little girl, and all these guys moved up to the Major Leagues and became Yankees. Lovely story mom! :)

Anyway, so here we are in the middle of Red Sox Nation and Mom is hooting and hollering for the Yankees. Thankfully, I have either deaf or very understanding neighbors..... Andrew even gets into it for about five minutes. Mom brought Andrew home after his SoCal summer and stayed until the first day of school. That evening, I believe the Red Sox and Yankees were battling it out. I was doing something - who knows what - when all of sudden I hear Andrew yell "Mom!! I found Grandma's man!" Totally confused, I inquire, "Grandma's man????" Excitedly as well as full of annoyance for my stupidity, Andrew says, "Yeah! Jeter!" My little genius had found the game, and was watching it. Mom's current favourite Yankee is Derek Jeter. I think it's the green eyes. teehee
** Note to Dad should someone read this and raise eyebrows: Mom assures me that YOU are really her man. :) **

No comments: