Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hunh

Got on a kick this morning to bring the boxes up from the basement that have been sitting in boxes for over a year now down there. The same boxes that were stored in my garage in Encinitas because I didn't have proper bookshelves or picture display space there. Alas, I'm in the mood to dig out the old. Throw away the unnecessary and display the worthy.
Found an interesting newspaper clipping that must have had meaning to me at one point. I'm not so into marriage anymore, but this definitely can pertain to any committed relationship. No idea who wrote it. Probably an Ann Landers type thing.

"The Art of Marriage"
A good marriage must be created. In marriage, the little things are the big things....
Never being too old to hold hands.
Remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day.
Never going to sleep angry.
Having a mutual sense of values and common objectives.
Standing together facing the world.
Forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family.
Speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
Having the capacity to forgive and forget, and then forgetting what you forgave.
Giving each other an atmosphere in which to grow.
Not only MARRYING the right person, but BEING the right partner.

In my ripe old age, and after years of experience, I would change the word 'marriage' to 'relationship', and add mutual respect and passion.

Enjoy your Saturday.

No comments: