Saturday, April 01, 2006

Boxes, boxes, and more boxes

Back over to the house today to unpack boxes and get organized. 13 steps to the 2nd floor. Haven't counted the steps to the basement. Then, there are the trips to the garage. Back and forth. Up and down. Back and forth. Up and down. Mom is the kitchen angel and got it 80% organized. Apparently, there are no shelves in the pantry. That might help. Also, the shelves in the plastic pantry I brought with me are MIA. The movers put that one in the basement blocking the door to the safe. So much to do. DVD player and TV are set up so Andrew can watch his movies. Priorities you know. DirectTV to be installed on Monday. Happy Birthday to me....
Poor Natasha. I've moved her litter box and food station so many times. She actually is being a good kitty. Her favorite place in the house right now is on Andrew's bed buried in his comforter and pillows. I took pictures today, and as soon as I get organized with that, I'll place those either on this blog or in my shutterfly account. Or, hey, maybe both. I'd get to sit down to do that! Maybe once Andrew starts school (Tuesday), I'll find a wonderful spa and get a massage.
We decided to spend another night at the fabulous B&B. Mostly because of the sherry, but a little bit because we just didn't get to the beds today, and there are no window coverings. The ones from the Encinitas house are surely in a box somewhere. Home Depot & Lowe's, here we come on Sunday. The B&B room isn't available Sunday night, so we have to be at the house then. Sheets and thumbtacks anyone?? Plus, I really do need to accept the fact that I AM unemployed.....
Andrew is having a wonderful time playing next door. Bless Alan and Susan's hearts for welcoming him. Honestly though, they do have the cool toys. :) At least he knows his good behaviour when he's over there. School will be very good for him.
Dad arrived tonight for the weekend and the big decade change. Poor guy had to take off and land 4 times just so that he could stay on the same plane to avoid gate changes. He's enjoying the sherry also.
Well, the clocks jump ahead tonight, and I'm bushed.
nitey-nite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»