Thursday, April 13, 2006

Le Monstre Banished

So, all the clothes have been put away along with all the sheets and towels. Just how many green towels does one need?? Most of my clothes were in my largest suitcase. Actually, the largest suitcase ever. For those in the know, it's lovingly refered to as "Le Monstre" because it barely fits in a Lyonaise lift. ;) It is now in my basement awaiting its next use.

I've devised a new system of working on one room at a time. It's been working so far. Yesterday was day one. The living room looks nice, and there is now room in my bedroom for the new rug I bought yesterday. There are still heaps and heaps of boxes and random stuff laying around the house. One of these weekend days, I'm thinking of having a picture hanging party. These old horse hair and plaster walls don't always bode well for hanging heavy pictures. The walls like to crumble. I was told to put a piece of masking tape on the wall where the nails go. Knowing this, I think I'll wait for people to come over who know what they are doing. Yesterday, I unwrapped all the pictures and put them in the rooms where I think they'll look best. More rugs are on their way, so I better get rid of the boxes in those rooms soon.

Got Andrew's Fischer-Price basketball goal put together in the driveway - need to find the basketball. He unearthed the wagon and played evil knievel off the cellar door. Yes, we have a cellar door. Also, he got a bike the other day from Wal-Mart, so he's good to go when the weather is nice. Still need to find his helmet though.

Well, off to read the Boston Globe. Decided to subscribe to a city paper to find out about culture. And maybe a job.

till next time......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We still miss you.....that should go away soon!

I really envy you, the new everything, I used to do just that kind of major move in the way back.
If we can sell this pig we will have a big move coming up ourselves.

The Globe sounds interesting, you know almost all papers are available online. There is a fantastic theatre district in Boston. "Wicked" was playing when we were there, we are seeing it here.

later.